11 February 2010

Mr. McQueen


It almost seems tacky to blog or tweet or status update "RIP Alexander McQueen," just because it looks like everyone is doing it. But he was a real, true hero of mine and I'm so sad that he is no longer here in body. One of the best moments of my life happened nearly four years ago when I was lucky enough to get an invite to his show in Paris (thank god for well-connected friends). It was the season after the whole Kate Moss controversy and McQueen staged a giant glass pyramid in the middle of his runway in which Kate appeared in holographic form during the finale. The editors and buyers and glitterati went bananas and I screamed right along with them. I still get goosebumps thinking about it. Here's one of the amazingly inspired looks from the show, as well as a dumb shot of me being flabbergasted on the runway afterward. I hope you found peace, Lee.